Saturday, July 30, 2011

Road Food

We are heading out to the mountains in New England for a week long vacation with family tomorrow. I scouted out some snacks from the car. While they don't meet the strict real food guidelines, they are in my comfort zone, which means :
no artificial colors or flavors
no preservatives
no high fructose corn syrup
convenient and easy to eat in the car!


From Left:
Honest Kids Berry Lemonade Pouches (upgrade from Capri Sun)
Homemade gluten free blueberry muffins (recipe to follow, still tweaking it)
Annie's Cheddar Bunnies
Blue Diamond Almond Nut Thins (gluten free crackers)
Market Pantry applesauce ( not the easiest thing to eat in the car but oh well)
Annie's Bunnies Fruit Snacks

Yes, they are fruit snacks. I am not proud. I raised a son who currently loves fruit snacks. I figure they are a step up from Mario fruit snacks.
I told him he could pick one special treat at the Health Food Store, and those were his choice.

We will also be bringing fresh fruit, water and nuts for our 6 hour car ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment