Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hello Blog World!

Hi, to anyone who is reading. My name is Kate. I am starting this blog to hold myself accountable for transitioning my family to a whole foods diet and "green" living. Maybe you'd like to follow us along in our journey.
Inspiried by books such as "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan, and "Animal Vegetable Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver, I have wanted to transition my family to a healthy real foods diet. I have been an avid blog reader and follower for a while now. My problem is, most blogs I read are dedicated to the stay at home mom. Unfortunately, I work, and my spouse does too, so I do not have the time to make everything from scratch. So can a working mom use some conveniece foods and still have a "real foods" diet? Time will tell.

A little about me:
I work during the day and go to college at night. I am currently a vegetarian.
I have a spouse who also works, and has celiac disease and must eat gluten free.
I have one child who is in preschool and is a fussy eater.
I do not know much about blog design, so maybe in the future it will get fancier.
We live in the Philadelphia area.

This is my journey! Good night to all.
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment